Want to drive traffic from YouTube?
When crafting YouTube content, most creators automatically assume that their video is the only aspect of uploading that they need to pay attention to. They focus so strongly on creating their video content that they neglect the steps of the video-making process that ensure their video will be visible to their targeted audience. Descriptions are the bread-and-butter of successful YouTube videos. A well-crafted video marketing strategy can mean the difference between your new video being seen by its intended audience or it being seen by only those you share it with. By taking just a few minutes to write a keyword-rich description that is detailed and informative, you have a better chance of putting your videos in front of a larger audience and extend your reach as far as possible.
At Fresh Ink, we understand the power of having great video descriptions. Here are some of our favorite description tips to help grow your audience on YouTube.
- Point out what your video is about and what makes it unique. Keep it simple, yet informative, and detailed with plenty of keywords mixed in.
- A maximum of 800 words are allowed within the description, so be sure to be clear and concise about your objective.
- Only the first 25-30 characters are visible in YouTube Search results, so include your primary keywords and links at the beginning. Around two to three sentences more than the title is optimal.
- Include a link to your website, blog, social channels, or any other specific Call To Action.
- Put the URL at the beginning so that the user will see the link even if the “more info” option is collapsed.
Remember to take advantage of your videos’ descriptions and watch your reach grow. If you’d like to learn more about optimizing the descriptions for your marketing videos, give us a call or send us an email inquiry.
Be sure to check out our other blogs and to subscribe to our YouTube series “The Fresh Take” for the latest updates on the world of video marketing!