When it comes to creating successful YouTube content, nothing is accidental. To maximize the success of your videos, you should optimize the body of your videos’ titles, descriptions, and keywords.
YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine in the world, coming in only behind Google, its owner. Because of this synergy, there are specific things that you can do to make sure that your videos are standing out on both platforms. At Fresh Ink, we’re constantly researching the latest social media trends to bring you the most relevant ideas for making you and your brand stand out. Here are a few of our best tips for creating successful YouTube titles:
- Make sure to include relevant keywords into the title of your video; if possible, we recommend at the beginning of the title. This will help to get your video content found within other search engines and in front of interested users.
- Your video’s title should be under 66 characters to make it easier for Google search to display.
- If you want to include your brand name in the title, it should go last, separated from the main content by a dash to help viewers find you through either the keywords in your title or your brand name.
- Keep the title engaging and descriptive; show users what exactly the video is about.
- Be sure to put target keywords in the actual name of the video file and use the word “video.”
- For videos with less than 50k views, you have the option to go back and change the title later. Once 50k views have been reached, changing the title can affect organic search rankings for the video. Try playing around with titles and keywords to see what works for your specific needs.
Keep these titling tips in mind as you create new content and you’ll see new eyes and interest on your videos. If you’d like to learn other ways to optimize your YouTube videos, give us a call or send us an email inquiry. Be sure to check out our other blogs and to subscribe to our YouTube series “The Fresh Take” for the latest updates on the world of video marketing!